ot a little carried away with looking at previous posts recently... one link led to another, to another, and so on. Which of course got me thinking, as Thursday approach... what have I posted for Thursday 13s in the past? Which were my favorite? I remember my very first Thursday 13, like it was yesterday... 3.5 years later, here we are. I like that I've stuck with the meme, and have certainly met a few lovely folks around the interwebs because of it (yes, you).(If you're new to this blog, Thursday 13 is a meme whereby people around the world share lists of 13 things on Thursdays, and go around and visit each other's lists.)
After a little looking around and getting distracted by some lovely walks down memory lane, here we are, in no particular order:
1. 13 favorite pictures of our trip to Hawaii, Dec. 9, 2010. A friend was recently on the Big Island, and I loved seeing her pictures and living vicariously through her adventures... this time of year, a beach and some sunshine sound sooooo goooood.
2. 13 favorite summer desserts, June 18, 2009. If I can't have summer, I can at least think about fabulous desserts with fresh fruit!
3. 13 favorite summer salads, July 23, 2009. Ditto to above. Yum, can't wait for summer eating!
4. 13 random things, Feb, 18, 2010. I seem to do random every once in awhile when the idea bank runs dry or I am simply out of time. This one brought back some happy memories, which I enjoyed thinking back on. From time to time I've also done the Simple Woman's Daybook as a Thursday 13, but I think of that as rather random, with a side of structure... good to pull out every once in awhile!
5. 13 favorite books from childhood, May 7, 2009. Again with happy memories!
6. 13 quotes, Sept. 29, 2009. I tend to post quotes fairly often. Additional quote-related T13 posts are here and here and here. There are also a few here and here and here. OK, seems I like the quotes a lot! That's by far the most posted-about Thursday 13 topic...
7. 13 tidbits about the royal wedding, April 28, 2011. I have such fond memories of spending this early-early morning time with dear friend Kate, and remembering another royal wedding from many, many years prior.
8. 13 wishes for Seth at his 8th grade graduation, June 9, 2011. Love that boy in his suit. So handsome and grown up! Reading back through those wishes, I got a little verklempt!
9. 13 rainbows for St. Patrick's Day, March 17, 2011. Who, me? Rainbows? Alas...
10. 13 random items of inspiration, Oct. 15, 2009. Remember the world before Pinterest? I know, me neither. But this is what it looked like, sort of... pretty images culled from various web sites. I know, I still do that kind of sharing here, but usually the images come from my Pinterest wanderings now. Heavens, life is easier in a Pinterest world, isn't it? It is certainly more beautiful, for sure.
11. 13 ways of looking at Seth, Oct. 1, 2009. This is probably one of my very favorites, the day Seth turned 13 and I wrote a la Wallace Stevens' Thirteen Ways of Looking at a Blackbird for his special day. Such good memories, some of the pictures I posted there as well...
12. 13 videos for your amusement, May 5, 2011. I know video posts are rather time consuming, but I do love to collect and share... I just can't help it!
13. 13 favorite Etsy shops, March 4, 2010. I've only done one other Etsy-related Thursday 13, just a couple of weeks ago, but I do like the "treasury" approach to Etsy, and now that I've got that figured out, I will do more of those! (source)
If you had the time to click through, which one was your favorite? What would you like to see more of (less of?)? I'd love to know!
For more Thursday 13s, go here! And have a great day, while you're at it.