Monday, September 9, 2013

Sept. 9: Monday morning inspiration + blog challenge: Fantasy time!

The challenge for today is: what would you do with three months off as an escape from your current life?

This one is not hard in the slightest. Didn't have to think for more than one teeny tiny second.

I would travel. I would take husband, we would pack up a couple of bags apiece, and we would hit the road.

Month 1: Road trip around the USA.

I have always wanted to do this. Back and forth and all around. In an RV, one of those really big road-hogs that guzzles gas. With slide-outs and satellite TV and everything. I know, pretty gross (in a green/climate concerned sense), but also, how fun! Ha. And one month. What can one month hurt? I would want to zig zag around the country, hitting some well-known spots (Grand Canyon, ) and also some out of the way places I have always wanted to see (Florida Keys, Maine, etc.).

We could take this:



Or this:



Or--how fabulous, this beauty:


Month 2: Europe.

My mom and dad did a few weeks in Europe this summer, some by boat, some by land. Check out their blogs here: ...And the Livin' is Easy & Shower Wisdom. There's lots of inspiration there, in their July and August posts, about a variety of places around the Mediterranean.

My must-sees in my month abroad:








Instanbul (how could I resist this picture, really?)

Month 3: Beach time.

By this point, I think I'd be tired of traveling, to be honest, and ready to just park it on a beach for a while. I am flexible on where the beach is, but I do know that I have always wanted to spend some time in the Maldives.

So before the oceans rise and swamp all those beautiful huts over the water (I have been reading too much about climate change recently, it seems), I would spend a month looking at this:


I would occasionally hang out here:


On an especially energetic day, we might go for a helicopter ride and look down on our hut (it's the second one in on the right):


Or maybe a bit of a swim:


On a quiet night we might eat out on the dock:


I have a feeling we would come home very rested.

Right about now I feel like a selfish ninny for plotting three very ME ME ME months. Alas, that is what the challenge called for, and I responded!

What would you do with three months to do whatever you wanted? (I assumed that meant cost was not an issue, so you can play by that rule too!) Where would you go? What would you do?


Jen and I (and now my mom and Lisa too!) are blog challenging throughout September. You can catch her blog over at Stuff Jen Says. If you want to write along with us, give me a shout and I'll send you the blog prompts.

2 comments:

  1. What a great post!

    I'm a homebody. I dream of beachy places, crystal clear water, and swimming in many different bodies of water. But then the travel part is what stops me from doing any of that. We've always sort of talked about doing a *real* vacation one year (Hawaii) instead of our annual Disney trip. It might be doable....

    It's funny, but this question gives me a lot of pause, about taking three months from "regular" life and doing something else. The first thing I thought was close up my art studio (!!) which then kinda made me cry a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely fantasy post.

    Yes, I definitely think an RV like those pictured would do very well. Love, love the Airstream.

    I desperately wanted to use Pinterest too for my photos but I need a lesson. They have changed their ways since I used them last and it was late last night when I finally got to my computer and so it did not happen. My post went in picture-less, if you can imagine, me without pictures. Very said, indeed

    I do believe you will need a year to do what you have outlined there. All sounds quite delightful.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs