Sunday, September 22, 2013

Sept. 22: Retail therapy

Today's blogging challenge: What are your top 5 places to shop for you or your kid(s)?

How easy is this? Ha. Maybe a little revealing, however... But, my favorites/usual haunts are:

1. Boden
2. Eddie Bauer
3. Ann Taylor and LOFT
4. TJ Maxx (bargain girl to the core)
5. Garnet Hill

For Seth, equally easy:

1. Old Navy
2. Target
3. Macy's
4. Redbubble and Glennz (both graphic T shops)
5. Eddie Bauer

It is very telling about our local retail experience that I didn't list anything I can't get to online. Alas, that's reality. It makes a fun shopping day like I had last weekend with my SIL Kim all the much sweeter!

Where do you like to shop for yourself and your kids? Any great ideas to throw my way? That would be awesome!


Jen and I (and now my mom and Lisa too!) are blog challenging throughout September. You can catch her blog over at Stuff Jen Says. If you want to write along with us, give me a shout and I'll send you the blog prompts.

4 comments:

  1. Like your shopping lists... and I am learning more and more to be a bargain lover too. I may have started looking for bargains out of necessity but now get a great 'kick' out of a good deal.

    I forgot Etsy...as did you. I love to window shop there. It is a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went into this with "CLOTHES" blinders on, totally. I would have put a number of different shops--Amazon and Etsy being two of them, definitely!--down, if I had thought outside my little mental box.

      Delete
  2. This made me laugh because as soon as you asked, I listed three art supply stores + amazon + adagio tea. And then when I read your lists, I thought "oh, wait, is this about clothes?" It didn't even occur to me. I still can't think of five clothes places. Lands End, Speedo for bathing suits (which I spend four hours in every day), and I'll pick up skirts wherever I see them.

    I've never been able to buy clothes for Gracie until this fall. My mom went BONKERS before G came home and it's been insane ever since then- my mom takes a lot of joy in going clothes shopping with and for her, so I decided to just let her have that. But then this fall I decided I didn't want to totally miss the opportunity to dress a little girl so I went ahead and ordered a bunch of stuff from Gymboree- mostly jumpers and skirts and flowy peasant shirts and things like that. Cutesy, natural girl stuff. I imagined putting her hair into two braids and her skipping off to school with her hands in her pockets. Which is not exactly Gracie, so I have to honor that. Gracie seems happy about some of the stuff, but "meh" on the others. Oh well, I got my chance. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See my reply to my mom above--such a narrow thinker, all I thought about was clothes. Sigh. Obviously it's clear that I went on a bit of a spree with my sister in law a couple of weekends back! Had not done that in some time, and it was fun.

      Buying little girl clothes is so fun--I'm very grateful to have nieces to indulge that side of the shopping aisle!

      Delete

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs