Sunday, September 29, 2013

Sept. 29: Celebrity Sher!

Today's blogging challenge: If you were ever to become famous, what would it be for?

Well, it's rather an oxymoron but here it is: If I were ever to become famous, I would want it to be for writing. Writing poetry, to be specific.

And how many famous poets do you know? (You can stop laughing now.) I suppose, in their own circles, there are levels of celebrity, but in a more global way, it's pretty much not what makes someone famous.

But if there were a way to somehow become famous for writing poetry, I'd take it. There's only one caveat--even I'm laughing now--and that's the fact that I am not fond of the idea of doing readings. I would like people to read my poems to themselves and be happy, or moved, or whatever. But, maybe I could hire a professional reader to go out and read for me...? Yeah, that's not happening.

So, I guess that's pretty much the final nail in the never-going-to-be-famous coffin. Sigh. And here I was already packing for the Today show. Ha.

What would you like to be famous for?


Jen and I are blog challenging throughout September. You can catch her blog over at Stuff Jen Says. We're almost done. Are you excited for us?! I think we are!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, but you already are sorta famous for your poetry, no? Maybe, just like I sketch something little every day you could put a couple lines together every day. There is a difference, I know. Poetry require serious thought but I find that once you are in the groove it does flow somewhat more easily. But then I am only an amateur and will never be famous for my poetry. You will get your wish, I believe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. some people do have others do their readings. some don't do readings. the only thing poets have in common is writing. except I guess not eve that. some are more personalities who wrote something once. all celebrity is local isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs