10 things that make me happy
1. Laughter. I cannot get enough of laughter.
I think Jimmy Fallon is hella funny most nights, and I check out clips from his show on Hulu+ pretty frequently. The little bit about Bill Nye the Science Guy made me chuckle a lot, as did the Miley bit at the very end.
2. Electricity. You don't realize how much electricity makes you happy until you don't have it for a few hours, pack your fridges with ice packs and go to bed in the dark, only to wake to lights on around midnight. Happy!
3. Kind, sweet words from my husband. He's a keeper, for sure. Or, as he's occasionally been called, a catch. ;)
4. Hugs from my son. My goodness, I never get tired of those. In fact, now that he's more man-size, they're even better.
5. Haystacks. To those of you who may just call them taco salad or nachos, this layered meal of chips, beans, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and avocado and sour cream makes me happy happy. I found the picture below on Pinterest, and while it's certainly a haystack, it's also about half the size of the ones I end up making!
6. Hummingbirds. What beautiful creatures they are! Whenever either husband or I happen to catch a glimpse of one at the feeder, it is a gleeful moment.
7. Basil. When I was out snipping basil the other night, I thought about what a delightful scent the herb gives off, and how I can almost imagine a perfume that smells basil-ish. Basil makes me happy.
8. Showers. Nothing starts my day happier than a hot shower. I think showers are at least as effective as coffee at perking me up and getting me moving!
9. My wonderful friends and family. I am blessed beyond to have the support and love in my life, not just from the people who have to (my family), but the ones who choose me, too! How did I get so lucky? Every day I think about how fortunate I am, indeed.
10. Clouds. Whether stormy or pastel or puffy or quickly moving across the sky, I love clouds! It makes me very happy to observe weather.
So what is on your happy list tonight? Can you give me 10 things? I would love to hear them, all.
Jen and I (and now my mom and Lisa too!) are blog challenging throughout September. You can catch her blog over at Stuff Jen Says. If you want to write along with us, give me a shout and I'll send you the blog prompts.