Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Music meme

Here's a fun meme that Jen posted on her blog just today. I recently have been (very slowly on the weekends) coming up with a "Sher soundtrack"--songs that have been significant for me at different times of my life, so this meme plays right into that music obsession. It was a bit of a challenge to pick the artist, but I ended up going with Joni Mitchell. Sara MacLachlan was a close runner up, as were Neil Diamond, Elton John or Anne Murray! All my old childhood faves... Oh, almost forgot one: you can thank me later for not doing Roger Whittaker!

Using only song names from one artist, answer these questions. Try not to repeat a song title.

Pick Your Artist: Joni Mitchell

Describe yourself: Sunny Sunday

How do you feel about yourself: Both Sides Now

Describe where you currently live (where I am this minute...): California

If you could go anywhere you wanted to go: River

Your favorite form of transportation: Big Yellow Taxi

Your best friend is: Woman of Heart and Mind

Your favorite color is: Little Green

Favorite time of day: Rainy Night House

If your life were a TV show, what would it be called: Ladies of the Canyon

What is life to you: The Circle Game

What is the best advice you have to give: Court and Spark

If you could change your name, what would it be: Amelia

Your favorite food is: Banquet

Thought for the Day: Last Chance Lost

How I would like to die: Sex Kills (I couldn't resist!)

Your soul's present condition: You Turn Me On I'm a Radio

The faults you can bear: Not To Blame

My motto: Cold Blue Steel and Sweet Fire





I included videos of Joni that just happen to be 30 years apart... while her voice has definitely changed over time, I really like them both. She's just an amazing artist.

So do yours! Please. You can do it here in the comments or on your own blog and let me know!

1 comment:

  1. I guess "Big Yellow Taxi" was an easy one, but I loved them all!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs