* I'm grateful for my guys, always, through thick and thin.
* I'm grateful that winter colds are almost done. Note the almost. Little guy (makes him sound 6!) called from the nurses office over lunch time and was ready to come home. Music to my ears, though I'm sorry he's all snuffly again. Got him quickly tucked in with a book and apple slices (I always doubt MAJOR sickness when he's got an appetite... just sayin') and things are looking up.
* It's been a long week for both husband and I, so I'm ever-so-grateful for a weekend with peace and quiet and a pause for rest. Doesn't feel right to call it the "weekend cave" with the springyness and all... I need to come up with an alternative to "cave." Any ideas?
*I am grateful for Google. I know, that may sound a little odd. But the truth is, I don't know what I'd do without Google anymore. When I want to know something, it's simply the search engine I go to, every time. And I am in love with their super-creative logo collection. I am always tickled when I open up the Google search page and there's a clever workmark to greet me. Always. I have decided that being a Google logo maker would be the coolest job, ever. What fun! I want to meet the lucky person who has that job!
Classic example for today, first day of spring:
Here's how Dr. Suess's birthday was celebrated:
This could truly be called the "fridge salad"--whatever is fresh, chop chop chop and voila!
* I'm grateful for friends and family, near and far. For old friends and new-ish friends and yet unborn friends. Friends you've had so long they're like family. And luckily for me, family that are near and dear as friends.
* I'm grateful for the abilty to cry. Not every day, but as needed. I know this is going to make me sound koo-koo for cocoapuffs, but it's true. I find having a "moment" to myself (no need to inflict this on anyone else, I do have my dignity!) is a really good thing. Who needs therapy? I used to think that gal on Broadcast News was nuts. Now I know better! Or, wait, maybe I'm just nuts too...!
* I'm very grateful that I can hear birds chirping out the window, and not much else. I love the tranquility of our setting.
Chirp chirp. Happy weekend!