Friday, May 28, 2010

Friday night grateful moment

Disclaimer: Here goes my first attempt at blogging from my iPad. I don't reckon it's going to be particularly purty, but one way or the other, it's gonna happen! I started a draft last night, fiddled around this morning, and am now stranded (don't you like how dramatic that sounds? It's not that dramatic... something mechanical, with the promise of quick resolution... We'll see about that!) in Tri-Cities, on my way to a lovely girl weekend on Whidbey Island. That's the plan, anyway...

Here goes! Since I can't figure out complete navigation in Blogger on the iPad, I can't get all the way down to the bottom to add my customary wish for YOUR weekend to bring rest, relaxation and all good things your way... So we'll just start off with that sentiment: Peace, people. May you feel it in your marrow.

Now back to previously programmed gratitude:

Oh joy, oh bliss, it's Friday. This Friday is extra-special--it comes on the heels of a pretty big week of this and that, and leads into a time of relaxation and joy. Oh wait, that's kinda like every Friday around here, right? Sorta. Except for...

I am very grateful I got to be a part of Seth's field trip this week. And, that he was cool with my helping out, still. It was fun to see kids who were part of his Explorer (gifted ed) class in elementary school who are now at the other local middle school--they've grown! I know this isn't news, but still. And the energetic fire-crackery ones? Yep, they still are. What a hoot.

I'm grateful I had enough food to go around. I had a hard time visualizing how much 75 growing 13- and 14-year-olds would eat. And they ate a lot. The first day, when a few of them came back for thirds on lasagna, I kinda had a moment of fright. But it's all good, I don't think any of them will starve any time soon!

I'm grateful for the rain. It helps me feel less guilty about not having time for the weeds (there's one spot where they are quite tall, and getting taller!). Next week it will be high time for a little weeding, if the weather cooperates...

I'm grateful for warm feet under the covers. (Not mine, usually.) Remember that kid thing where you'd finish every sentence "under the covers" and just chortle? Ha. Maybe I'll do a grateful list sometime along those lines. Can you tell I've been hanging out with middle schoolers?!

I'm grateful my back is indeed back to 100%. And in general, health is well around here. That is never to be underestimated.

I'm grateful for all of my senses. Couldn't do without a one.

I'm grateful for the weekend ahead. Relaxation in a beautiful setting, with lovely ladies--some I know, some I will get to know better, some I will meet for the first time. We're all gathering to celebrate a mutual friend's Big Day coming up in August. Pretty swell.

I'm grateful for my iPad. My men spoiled and surprised me with a little late Mother's Day present. It's a blast. Completely unnecessary to my daily existence, but a blast. And yes, Pa, I have been drinking the Kool-Aid that I often accuse Apple fanatics of drinking. What can I say? Husband found this video online and I think it's a hoot. Of course, not all of these things should be tried at home, but how fun to imagine the possibilities....


iPad + Velcro from Jesse Rosten on Vimeo.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I think it is 'right-purty'!! Always good to see/hear your thankfulness list. Hope you are having a lovely time.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs