Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Monday random meme

Playing along with Jen's meme... I always do what I'm told!

Is there anybody you just wish would fall off the planet?
In my petty, dark moments, sure. But then I remember that everybody has someone who cares about them (well, most everyone...) and would feel pain at the loss, so I magnanimously allow those individuals to NOT fall off the planet. I know, how big of me.

How do you flush the toilet in public?
With my foot, if at all possible. So let that be a lesson to all of you still using your hands. My FOOT has just flushed the toilet...

Name one thing you worry about running out of.
Sense of humor. Can you imagine? How horrible.

What are your super powers?
Knowing when Seth hasn't done what I've asked of him, yet. Divine power, really.

Where are your car keys?
Try not to be too horrified: in the car itself (which is in the garage). I like to know where they are when I'll need them next.

Last song you listened to?
Currently listening to God Help the Girl's album that I ripped from Shelby and Kim yesterday (thanks!). Trying to decide if it's enough different from Belle and Sebastian... I think enough so...

What’s your most annoying habit?
Making up my mind quickly and not looking back. I believe it's called a short backhand. It doesn't annoy me, natch...

Where did you last go on vacation?
This last weekend we were in Seattle with family, does that count? If we're looking for actual away time, I think it would be our week in August at the Oregon coast...



What is your best physical feature?
Not an area I dwell on much... more comfortable in the "least" categorizing! But I have been complimented on my eyes a lot in my life... so we'll go for that.

What CD is closest to you right now?
No CD within 25 feet or so--my office, I'm in our bedroom--so let's just say all gobzillion of my songs on iTunes...

What three things can always be found in your refrigerator?
Apples, orange juice, cheese

What superstition do you believe/practice?
None come to mind.

What color are your bed sheets?
Dusky gray blue flannel. Cozy.

Would you rather be a fish or a bird?
A bird, so I could fly fly fly.

Last thing you broke?
This is SO my area, but nothing is coming immediately to mind. That scares me, cuz it means I'm due any moment... yikes.

Do security cameras make you nervous?
No, but they do make me want to either dance or pick my nose. Either. Or.

If you wrote a book about your life, what would the title be?
"She Does Like to Look on the Bright Side, Doesn't She?"

Last time you went to a cemetery?
Two summers ago, when we held a memorial for a great-aunt and great-uncle in Kelowna, B.C.

Last concert you went to?
Painful to remember we were SUPPOSED to be at the Owl City concert last Tuesday... before that it was SYTYCD '08 in Tacoma last September.



Favorite musician(s)/bands you’ve seen in concert?
Probably Norah Jones, even though it was in the rain. James Taylor on July 4 at the Gorge was pretty fun. Sting on the last night of his world tour in Sydney was also rather fun (it was my very first concert too).

Next concert you’re planning to attend?
Nov. 20 in Everett: SYTYCD '09. Will NOT miss.

Do you talk to yourself?
All the time. Some of my best conversations.

Have you ever adopted or purchased a pet?
Yes, both.

Have you ever been present when an animal is being born?
Oh yes. Cats, many times. Calves, a few times. A horse, once.

OK, I feel like I've done my duty for the day. Off to get a few things accomplished, and talk to myself while I'm doing them! Happy Monday.

1 comment:

  1. Love your book title. Perfect. Regarding the concerts...no mention of Anne Murray?

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs