Friday, June 5, 2009

Friday night grateful moment

A wild and crazy busy week. Doing what is anyone's guess, but it was busy.

And filled with many things to be grateful for:

* Week 2 of No Hoses Chewed by Little Miss Ruby. I know I will jinx things by bringing it up, but I can't help myself. She is doing WAY better than last summer. Next week will be the real test as I get the drip part of the irrigation back up and running... she has pretty much decimated that over the winter and I need a full day or two to diagnose and repair, so I've been (yep) procrastinating and moving hoses. No more. Time for the rubber to meet the pvc, so to speak. (Oh, in the interest of full disclosure, there was one sprinker head--one of those cheapy green ring guys--that got munched, but still, overall and compared to last year...)


Little Miss Ruby in all her glory!

*I'm grateful for all the blooms that surround me. Here's what Wordless Wednesday WOULD have been, Kim, if I'd only had a brain (I completely spaced it this week!):


Red yarrow. I love how different this looks from that yellow version I grew up knowing, and not liking much.






Two of my favorite David Austen roses... can't remember their official names but I love how full and peony-like they are.


This is the best year yet for our clematis out front. It was here when we moved and has only bloomed so-so until this year... maybe it was the hatchet job I did on it last fall?

*I am grateful for the storm that came through last night, for the rain it brought. I love weather diversity, and we certainly have had some of that the past few months.

*I am grateful for people I know who walk their talk. It is so so common anymore for people to put on different faces for different people and situations, and I suppose some of that is inevitable. But when I meet a genuine article, it just is so refreshing... not like I'm a genius at spotting them, it's just one of those a-ha moments. I love it.

*Grateful for my men and their love and devotion. And their communication. I'm blessed to live in a house with men who talk! Yeah.

*So thankful for health. I keep those close with health issues and concerns in my prayers daily; know that we think of you.

* Grateful for watermelon. We have had some of the loveliest watermelon already this year. I don't even want to contemplate the carbon footprint on it, but nothing says Hey Summer like a bunch of watermelon chunks in a bowl. Heaven. They can also kind of bust open that grocery budget but it's well worth it, I say.

*Grateful that Seth had the opportunity to learn the trumpet this year and get to know his pretty awesome band teacher. But, also very glad to be done with band concerts for the year! Sometimes these blessings do have their flip side...

* Grateful to believe and know that I am exactly where I should be, doing what I can do to make my small part of the world a better place, every day. What's that "bloom where you are planted" saying? Something like that. Can't say every day is a roaring success, but I'm also a big one for each day starting anew. Here's my favorite quote toward that end: Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in, forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day, you shall begin it well and serenely... Ralph Waldo Emerson

* Grateful that no matter how wild the week is, now matter how empty my grateful list can feel on Monday, Tuesday or even Wednesday, by the time Friday rolls around I usually have pulled my head out of my... well, let's just say I generally have found some clarity and through all the flim-flam I manage to remember that I have so much to be grateful for. Circular logic, that. But it works. Grateful for being grateful.

* UPDATED. Almost forgot! Both Seth and I are so very stoked that Philip Chbeeb made it to the top 20 of So You Think You Can Dance, season 5. So stoked. Check him out. He has done an amazing job of coming out of his own style and learning choreography for other styles and worked his butt off to get to where he is. Yeah for him!

Here's the url. Having a real bugaboo with posting video tonight, so I'll just send you to youtube.

Blessings, and have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs