Monday, June 8, 2009

Favorite chicken salad


This chicken salad is hands-down my favorite chicken salad. Well, there is a curried one that comes close... I suppose it depends on my mood. But today it was all about the red grapes and tarragon. The zing of the tarragon vinegar really makes this sing!

Chicken salad with red grapes and walnuts
2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
2 cups red grapes, halved
1/4 cup chopped fresh tarragon
1/3 cup roughly chopped toasted walnut halves
2 Tbsp. tarragon vinegar
2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
salt and pepper to taste

Combine the first four ingredients in a bowl. Sprinkle the vinegar over the salad, then toss with the mayonnaise. I tend toward a little light on the mayo, so if you like it a little thicker, add a bit more. Add the salt and pepper to taste, and refrigerate for a bit before eating... if you can. Today for lunch I ate it practically the moment it hit my plate! Barely had a chance to take a picture...

Enjoy! And thank you for having a birthday, Margie, to give me the excuse to make this for you!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Sher! My favorite Plate delight. Love this stuff. Love you!

    P.S. I don't know if it's just me, but I get the best word verifications on your site. Today's: spesseth (even has seth at the end!).

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs