Saturday, March 31, 2012

Quizziness

Seems like ages since I've done a quiz-like thing... saw this on my friend Janet's blog, and thought it sounded like a bit of fun on a Saturday night. I know, I should get out more!

1. You have been awarded the time off from work and an all-expenses paid week anywhere in the United States. The catch is that it must be somewhere you have not been before. Where do you choose to visit? Florida Keys.

2. Name three of your guilty pleasures.
*Revenge, that trashy ABC show. I can't believe I'm admitting it.
*Marshmallows. I buy every kind of silly seasonal shape that they now make. (We just finished a bag of bunnies and are now into the jumbo egg-mallows...)
*Queso, from a jar.

3. The best kind of Girl Scout Cookie is: I haven't had one in years, but to the best of my memory, Thin Mints are pretty good...

4. What do you value most in other people? Integrity, wrapped in tenacity. I could go on, but if those two things are present, I'm usually good.

5. Be honest. Do you sneak some raw cookie dough when you’re baking cookies? Whyever not?

6. Have you ever looked back at your life and realized that something you thought was a bad thing was actually a blessing in disguise? Oh my goodness, yes. Just thinking about the last decade, it's chock-a-block full of such blessings.

7. What is the most beautiful place you’ve ever visited? Really hard to choose. Amazingly, my first thought is that I haven't been anywhere stunning, but then I realize that I probably live in such a place of beauty, I'm inured to it. I do remember thinking that the scenery in Langkawi (small island in Malaysia) was pretty spectacular, back in 1994 or so... and I would also put Sydney Harbor quite high on the list... but I am also quite fond of the Oregon Coast, and the Eagle Cap Wilderness in Oregon is also jaw-dropping at times.

8. Are you more of a thinker or a feeler? On the spectrum, I'd veer more toward the thinker. That's what many, many tests have told me, anyways. So the crying at Hallmark ads? Go figure.

9. Name three things you are thankful for right now.
*My family, from the boys in the room with me right now, to all the more extended family, scattered across Canada and the U.S.
*My health.
*My Creator.

10. Have you ever participated in a three-legged race? Of course. What childhood is complete without that humiliation?

11. When you are at an event that plays the National Anthem, do you place your hand over your heart? Absolutely. And I usually tear up too, so what does that say about #8???

Feel like playing along? Please do, either in the comments or on your blog!

2 comments:

  1. Just because you think doesn't mean you can't feel :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. You have been awarded the time off from work and an all-expenses paid week anywhere in the United States. The catch is that it must be somewhere you have not been before. Where do you choose to visit?
    Hawaii!


    2. Name three of your guilty pleasures.
    *Watching Days of Our Lives on Hulu while I art journal (I started watching it when I was, like, 5 so it's sort of like watching a retro TV show)
    *Buying art and craft supplies, especially washi tape, paper, and letter stickers. I don't spend much, and I can sort of justify it, so I've given up trying to control myself. I just like the whole process of finding a good deal, ordering it, waiting for it to arrive in my mailbox, opening the package, and then sorting it out and then USING it. It's one of my favorite things.
    *Tea.

    3. The best kind of Girl Scout Cookie is:
    I haven't had one in a long time, either, but I love Thin Mints.

    4. What do you value most in other people?
    Compassion, responsibility, and authenticity.

    5. Be honest. Do you sneak some raw cookie dough when you’re baking cookies?
    If you don't, something is wrong with you.

    6. Have you ever looked back at your life and realized that something you thought was a bad thing was actually a blessing in disguise?
    Oh, gosh- absolutely!

    7. What is the most beautiful place you’ve ever visited?
    I haven't traveled much. When i was young, we came here to Marco Island on all our vacations, and back then there was nothing here- just a few houses and buildings at one corner of the island. So when I remember it back then... it was truly undiscovered paradise.

    8. Are you more of a thinker or a feeler?
    Feeler! I'm overly sensitive and inuitive and even though I over-think everything, it's because I'm looking for the feeling place of it all.

    9. Name three things you are thankful for right now.
    *My family (including the pets)
    *The garden.
    *Free time.

    10. Have you ever participated in a three-legged race?
    I am sure I did during field day as a child. I can't imagine being an asset to the team, though!

    11. When you are at an event that plays the National Anthem, do you place your hand over your heart?
    I can't remember the last time I was somewhere where they played the National Anthem, to be honest. I do watch the Olympics and get emotional during that, as well as elections when I believe things change for the better.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs