aster is a little later this year, but that's OK with me... lots of time to get ready. The nieces (and their parents) are coming, so that gives me incentive to get off my tush and get a little spring rolling on in... as I've been pondering the decorating/basket/menu, a few tidbits have popped up to share:
1. Yarn-wrapped eggs. Aren't these just so beautiful?
2. Fabric carrots. Clever! Might even fool a bunny or two.
3. Crocheted flowers--I saw these put into a garland, just lovely. And totally up my alley!
4. Crocheted egg garland. Also well within my crochet obsession, though I might be a bit reluctant to put a ton of effort into something I haul out once a year... on the other hand, it doesn't really look like a lot of work. Hmmm...
5. Faux milk glass. A fun DIY--not necessarily Easter per se, but very springy, and lots of applications! I think I'll definitely do this one day, if not for Easter...
6. Peeps. Well, peeps on white-chocolate-covered-marshmallow-Rice Krispie treats. Oh yeah. Can you feel the sugar high?
7. Easter cake. Doesn't this just look like something I'd love? I was just saying today, "I'm in the mood for cake," like I expected someone to walk in with one. (That didn't happen.)
8. Fabric eggs. I love these! And I especially love that they're not absolutely "Easter" in color. I've never been especially pastel, but will tolerate it as needed for baby showers and springy events...
9. Wrapped wreath. So pretty and simple.
10. Another wreath option, a paper wreath. Probably wouldn't want to hang this one on the front door, especially given the spring we've been having!
11. Two ideas with eggshells from Martha Stewart: votives and centerpieces.
12. Bunny marshmallows, also from Martha. I also found a clever chocolate-covered marshmallow egg how-to that I might try out this year.
13. Spring chick cake pops. So cute!
So which ones should I do, absolutely? Let me know, even if you're not a niece! (But nieces get two votes, for sure!)
For more Thursday 13s, go here.