Friday, February 20, 2009

Friday night grateful moment

Are these weeks going faster and faster? This one seemed to go even faster than usual.

Tonight I'm grateful for:

* Feeling better. We're all doing better around here, breathing easier and coughing less. Ahhh. Knock on wood that THAT continues. I was thankful for good health a couple of Friday nights ago, and look what that got me! The germ cloud descended rather quickly.

* Wednesday was a great day. Good event, nice crowd, some better-than-expected fundraising. And it was sunny to boot. I sat with a girlfriend for a couple of hours after the event--outside, on the patio at Starbucks. I could almost believe it was spring. Next morning the fog descended... but still! It was a glimpse of loveliness.

* Sleep. Some of my best sleep this week came with help from my little friend Zicam. But still, nothing tops a good few hours of concentrated sleep. I wake renewed and refreshed and ready to hit the day.

* Morning rituals. I so appreciate the beginnings of the day and the way we putter through them and get out the door mostly on time. I am still in love with our morning breakfast shake, followed by the chaser of coffee! Mmmm.

*I am thankful for our dogs. Even though they drive me crazy sometimes, and I complain about them, I do love chatting to them and seeing their happy faces at medication time in the morning, when I come home at lunch or the end of the day. I say this knowing there will still be complaints about digging and chewing and all manner of odd behavior, but right now, today, I'm grateful for them.

* I'm grateful for light. Sunlight, candle light, extra daylight at each end of the day, the light bulb... whatever chases darkness.

* I'm grateful for time, the passage of it and our ability to learn and grow through time. I know that change is hard and hardly ever really happens, but we CAN learn, we CAN grow. And some of us (who, me?) have to learn the same lesson over and over again... anyway, before I devolve away from what I'm really grateful for... it's this: that a lot of little snapshots go together to make a day, a week, a month, a year. Before you know it, you get to look back, for good or for bad, at what you've made of things. And look ahead and what you get to make next. And have the opportunity to make it what you want it to be.


* I'm grateful for my indoor herb garden, where basil and mint and thyme and chives are growing every day! I need to take another set of pictures. Just a couple of weeks makes a huge difference!

* I'm grateful for winter so that when this arrives:



I will be very thankful! Allergies and weeding and figuring out what to do with all the holes the dogs dug in the yard... I won't complain. I swear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs