Friday, March 22, 2013

Friday night grateful list

It's Friday night.


Need I say more? I feel a little like this, most Friday nights.

Family is here to visit, so we're pretending that it's Easter. We're only a week early, so I don't feel too far off schedule. I got a little into the egg-dying... I did the Kool Aid method this year, it's all the rage on Pinterest. They turned out quite pretty.




I am so grateful for my family, and for our time together. The laughter we've already enjoyed since their late-afternoon arrival, sitting and chatting by the fire. The peace and quiet of Friday night by the fire... after a funny week of weird and wild weather (sun, rain, hail, snow, wind and then a little more rain...), I am happy for the warmth of the fire (and cozy blanket).

Today I had the privilege of enjoying a non-profit training session, one of the better all-day trainings I've been to in some time. Lots of food for thought; some new and different ways of viewing the same-old, same-old board/governance/fund raising issues.


I love Easter, and all the tokens of spring that come along with it. I am grateful for the bigger picture of Easter; the remembrance of the cross, death, resurrection. I don't have a lot of spiritual rituals or traditions around Easter, but reading the story of the week leading up to the crucifixion... well, there really aren't adequate words for it.

A man who was completely innocent, offered himself as a sacrifice for the good of others, including his enemies, and became the ransom of the world. It was a perfect act.
-Mahatma Gandhi

The shortness of the list this week is a reflection only on how late it is, how tired I am, and how much I enjoy the conversation by the fire... so I will say goodnight and wish you a moment or two of gratitude as you reflect on the week just past.

Peace.


1 comment:

  1. Your puppy on the deck looks like I did last night after getting home at 9 pm from our hike...I slept on the sofa until your father tapped me on the shoulder asking if I didn't want to go to bed...

    You are having a lovely Easter. Wish I was there.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs