Saturday, August 20, 2011

We know how to do up Saturday night around here!

What's a whoo-hoo Saturday night for you? Well, around here, things are a bit mellow tonight... just my speed. So, when I found a new blog (via another blog that has already slipped my memory, sigh) and did a little looking around, I saw this survey and thought, "Hey, it's been awhile since I did one of those, let's have a whirl!"

So here goes. Me, laid bare. Ha.

A. age :: forty-two

B. bed size :: king, massive and lovely

C. chore you hate :: poop-scoopin'

D. dogs :: they for whom I scoop: Jack, Darby and Chief

E. essential start to your day :: pills and coffee (sounds naughty, but both pills and coffee are completely necessary, I swear!)

F. favorite color :: green, still

G. gold or silver :: both, and sometimes even together, scandalous!

H. height :: five eight and a bit

I. instruments you play :: plink plink on the piano

J. job title :: wife, mother, crafter, cook

K. kids :: one precious Seth, 14

L. live :: Washington, the state. (Thank goodness, I could not do that "other" Washington.)

M. maiden name :: Goerlitz (or Girl Zits, as they said in high school...)

N. nicknames :: Sher

O. overnight hospital stays :: for the boy's birth (1996) and the thyroidectomy (2003)

P. pet peeve :: negative, defeatist talk

Q. quote :: Many, many that I enjoy. Here's one I just found today: There is in every true woman's heart a spark of heavenly fire, which lies dormant in the broad daylight of prosperity; but which kindles up and beams and blazes in the dark hour of adversity. -Washington Irving

R. righty or lefty :: right except for hockey, where I shoot left.

S. siblings :: one dear brother, Shelby

T. time you wake up :: with the sun in the summer (too early) and generally around 6 a.m. the rest of the year (with an alarm when it's pitch black at that time).

U. university attended :: one Walla Walla University. It was Walla Walla College when I attended... oh and Avondale College in Australia for a semester. Most expensive semester you can imagine.

V. vegetables you dislike: can't think of any I dislike, but I tolerate beets, usually. And peas.

W. what makes you run late :: miscalculating the time it actually takes to get downtown. I always think it's six minutes when it's really 12. And, I think it should take me 10 to get across town, and it's really closer to 17... I know, such a commute!

X. x-rays you’ve had :: dentist

Y. yummy food :: so so much, but I will be brief and just say figs, basil, artichokes, pasta, custardy desserts, anything and everything with cheese, eggs in many forms, all fruit but especially berries and nectarines and watermelon

Z. zoo animal favorite :: koala bears

Have at it! Answer in the comments or on your own blog, but be sure to let me know about it, so I can come and visit.

7 comments:

  1. hello to your greeny being from mine!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'll steal this this week -- and I have been on the campus of Walla Walla -- when it was college, not university....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I'm going to do it later today after my mind clears from my swim.

    I LOVE that quote- a lot of my spirituality sort of revolves around my belief we all have a "divine spark" deep inside us, so that quote was RIGHT up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alright, I played along. Those things are so much easier when the answers can be one to very few words. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was so much fun. See, Saturday night can be a great whoppin' big time!

    Loved your comments on Australia... very expensive, I would agree. I would like to think we would have all learned our lessons without that bit of schooling.

    I do have a koala bear here for you...think you gave it to Grandma G before you left for Australia the second time.

    Oh, by the way, I do the silver/gold combo ...didn't know it could be looked upon as scandalous! I wear gold on the left and silver on the right but sometimes I mix them up and think they are so pretty together...

    ReplyDelete
  6. A. age :: 54 (eek!!!)
    B. bed size :: queen
    C. chore you hate :: most of 'em, but especially cleaning the bathroom
    D. dogs :: Max and Wolf!
    E. essential start to your day :: a kiss, bathroom visit, coffee
    F. favorite color :: lately, purple
    G. gold or silver :: silver :-)
    H. height :: five three and a half
    I. instruments you play :: oh, the answers I could give...I'll just say none well
    J. job title :: admin assistant
    K. kids :: none by birth, but I'm enjoying Dave's kids
    L. live :: MA
    M. maiden name :: Spering
    N. nicknames :: Jan
    O. overnight hospital stays :: lots
    P. pet peeve :: negative, defeatist talk [leaving yours, i agree!]
    Q. quote :: "Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." - Confucius
    R. righty or lefty :: right
    S. siblings :: Larry, my brother
    T. time you wake up :: 5-ish, when Dave leaves
    U. university attended :: hard knocks ;-)
    V. vegetables you dislike: i can't think of one!
    W. what makes you run late :: lol my horrible sense of time and direction
    X. x-rays you’ve had :: so so many
    Y. yummy food :: mac & cheese!
    Z. zoo animal favorite :: tigers

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs