Sunday, July 25, 2010

Bits of My Weekend, Interrupted

Michelle, the host of "Bits of My Weekend," isn't posting this week (she has a good excuse, you can read about it here), so neither will I. Sort of. I'd already acknowledged to myself the extreme lack of photo-taking over the weekend, and I knew there wouldn't be a lot to share... not after the hoopla of last weekend, especially. So I have three little pictures to share...

This weekend was Mellow, with a capital M. Seth and I got home a day earlier from our Canada travels than we'd originally planned, so we were able to have a relaxing Friday night around the campfire. And yes, smoke still does follow beauty. Cough, sputter.


I had to admit, for probably the umpteenth time, that as much as I like the idea of s'mores I am not a huge fan of the reality. I like each individual piece, indeed, but together they pack more of a sweet wallop than I need... so one s'more definitely does it for me. Seth has developed into a patient marshmallow toaster, and was able to deliver a lovely golden morsel.

Saturday we all slept in, very lazy like. Essentially our day held a late breakfast, some napping (me) and reading and a flurry of afternoon cooking before a late lunch-supper. I made cherry-ricotta ice cream and while it was yummy, it was generally agreed that next time the cherries should be whizzed up (like I did with the figs) and not be quite so chunky.


Sunday was hot again! Big shock. Other than drag hoses around to catch a few brown patches in the lawn, there wasn't a lot of outdoor work done... other than at the pool. Seth had a friend along and we went to splish-splash for a bit before taking in Inception and enjoying that bit of summer movie intensity. There was also some trampoline jumping for the boys, and there's a Farming Game in full swing downstairs, so for some people, the weekend isn't really over yet, is it?

Hope yours was a lovely weekend, and I'm sure Bits will be back next week!

3 comments:

  1. Would love to get your ice cream recipes. Wondering if it would be good with bits of chocolate in it too? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a good weekend to me...I was going to try something other than graham wafers for s'mores...gingersnaps or lemon wafers? Next time...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Re: the ice cream...chocolate chunks would be good in any ice cream...good chocolate i.e.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs