Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Blog award fabulousness

Tonight I was finally catching up on my frequently-read blogs, and saw that dear Rachel over at Randomness with Rachel gave me an award:

Thank you, Rachel! I enjoy reading your blog too. Your spirit and energy are always inspiring, we watch quite a few of the same TV shows (Chuck, Psych, etc.... not sure what that says about us...) and I think we originally "met" via Thursday 13. Anyway, check Rachel out when you have a moment or three.

Apparently part of being awarded thusly is that I am to share seven (7) things with you that you may not know about me. Let's see... I'm not sure I'm going to be able to come up with that many things that NO ONE else knows... I'm kind of an open book...

1. Nothing quite irritates me like someone standing really close to me at my desk or reading over my shoulder on the computer. Not sure why. Probably only Seth knows exactly how irritating I find that. Poor boy. Missing him.

2. I used to wish for curly hair when I was younger, but now I am very glad to have straight hair that I don't have to mess with.

3. As I've gotten older, I'm more and more interested in girly things. I can remember my mother trying with all her might to get a flowery this or that into my bedroom when I was an adolescent... I'm not a floral freak, by any means, but I do like girl things more and more as time goes by... Make up? Yup. Clothes? Definitely. Mani-pedis? And how!

4. My default explanation for arrogant people is that they are insecure. I can't remember the last time I really met a truly arrogant person. I probably wouldn't be able to recognize one if I met him/her! I'd be all dismissive-like... "No, no, you're just covering for your feelings of inadequacies." Ha.

5. I have much less of a filter than I used to (sometimes). I blame this on parenting, and probably aging, too. When I was chaperoning that field trip back in May, and kids (boys) would be doing something that really was out of line, I just would tell them to knock it off. (One guy started playing with the food as I was setting up the supper buffet one night. Just about took his head off. Oh dear.) Anyway, they handled it fairly well, and certainly stopped whatever it was they were doing. It kind of surprises me sometimes, because I remember being in my early 20s and being totally intimidated by kids. Ha. Not so much.

6. Here's a completely contradictory statement: I have a much better filter than I used to (sometimes). I am much better at listening (I think) and pondering and not always responding with my instant opinion than in decades past. I have a lot more internal dialog that I used to--though when husband hears me talking to myself in the kitchen I'm sure he's thinking it would be nice (quieter) if I actually kept my "internal" chats to myself!

7. I had a recent brief period of daydreaming of getting a job at a library (don't worry, it's passed now). Just to be around books more. But then I thought, would I really read more? Probably not. And in Walla Walla I'd be stuck putting really old books back on really old stacks (at least, that's how I envision it...), and that doesn't sound very appealing.

OK, so that's seven. How many did you know?

1 comment:

  1. We are so the same with #1 and #3!! I used to be such a tomboy growing up!! I'm not all girly girly by any means, but I'm definitely a girly tomboy! I LOVE mani-pedis!! :) That way my toes look cute when I wear sandals to a Rangers game!!

    :)
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs