Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Mid-week reminder: Love, with little hands

Rain again? How unique. Come on, spring! You can do better than this.

With a little extra time inside this morning, I found this animation, which was inspired by two poems. I've posted them below the video. Such lovely thoughts for a gray Wednesday.



Under the harvest moon

Under the harvest moon,
When the soft silver
Drips shimmering
Over the garden nights,
Death, the gray mocker,
Comes and whispers to you
As a beautiful friend
Who remembers.

Under the summer roses
When the flagrant crimson
Lurks in the dusk
Of the wild red leaves,
Love, with little hands,
Comes and touches you
With a thousand memories,
And asks you
Beautiful, unanswerable questions.
-Carl Sandburg

Poem X
We have lost even this twilight ...

We have lost even this twilight.
No one saw us this evening hand in hand
while the blue night dropped on the world.

I have seen from my window
the fiesta of sunset in the distant hills.

Sometimes as a coin
lit a piece of sun in my hands.

I remembered you with my soul clenched
in that sadness of mine that you know.

So, where were you?
Who else was there?
Saying what?
Why all the love I will suddenly
when I am sad and I feel far away?

The book fell that always closed at dusk,
and rolled like a hurt dog at my feet my cloak.

Always, always you recede through the evenings
toward the twilight erasing statues.
-Pablo Neruda 
(This poem was originally published in Spanish. I ran it through Google's translator, and other than the fifth verse, I think it worked, but not being a Spanish speaker... Love the Google.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs