Friday, December 31, 2010
he clock is ticking toward a new year, and I am filled with gratitude for what's gone before and what's ahead.
I'm grateful for:
* A new year. A chance to do better, since (hopefully) I know better. (To paraphrase Maya Angelou...)
* A very large amount of love in my life.
* The safety and health of nearest and dearest.
* A few days of extra time with my Mom and Dad at the coast. Always a blessing.
* A husband who sets a good example for me in so many ways.
* A son who checks in with me while he's on another continent, bless his soul. Love the texts and calls!
* A Creator who knows me so well.
* A safe trip over some icy roads to meet a friend (Jen) for lunch today. And fondue! And Bavarian cream! Yum. I am indeed grateful for Jen and her health and the love and support that's gotten her through this challenging year.
* Lovely memories of a peaceful Christmas with family. Thanks for hosting, Shelby, Kim and sweet nieces! (P.S. I have been regretting not raiding the cheese shelf in the fridge on my way out of town. Dang. And I could have blamed it on the parents, too, really! Such a missed opportunity.)
* For the example I see every day, in so many ways, of folks who have been challenged by life and circumstances, and their ability to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges, daily. I am inspired.
My favorite song for this time of year, sung by members of the Scottish Parliament; appropriate given Robert Burns is somewhat credited for these lyrics. (Hang on to the end to get a special glimpse of Queen Elizabeth II, and a wondrous hat, indeed!)
And for you romantics out there, a little reminder of what the song really means!
Happy New Year! May 2011 be filled with many blessings for you and yours.