ideo box? What's a video box? I made it up. Pretend I have one, and it's full to overflowing with videos I've collected from here and there over time and have been meaning to share but have just been too busy with this and that (summertime stuff).
So here they are. Hope there are a couple you haven't seen before!
1. A friend shared this video on Facebook recently. Fascinating information, and I think the animation makes it all the more engaging.
2. Can't resist a little Sam Tsui action. I flipped past a rerun of him performing on The Bonnie Hunt show last week and it reminded me how cool he is! And this song is still a favorite around here.
3. Really cool ad for a sports drink...
4. Dance, dance, dance. The fluidity of their movement is mesmerizing to me.
5. Amazing digital editing.
Seaweed from Tell No One on Vimeo.
6. This one has been making the rounds around Facebook too. I love it: scrappy girls!
7. A bit of a time commitment, but so worth it. Natalie Merchant has a new album out for the first time since 2003, Leave Your Sleep, essentially poetry (written by others, not her) set to music. Here she talks at a TED conference about her process, how this project came about, and sings.
8. Very fun stop-motion animation.
9. At Alinea, Grant Achatz's restaurant in Chicago, he makes dessert for customers right on the table. Edible art... a very unique experience.
10. Watch this video and prepare to adjust your expectations of what your living space needs are! Very clever design.
11. Fun music video from Alphabeat. Yes, a frothy Scandanavian band...
12. We've been on a bit of a Brian Regan kick around here. This clip makes me hungry for poptarts.
13. Remember The Element Song I posted a few Fridays back? Here's a song to help you remember the U.S. Presidents... rhythmic and catchy, should stay in my brain!
So, which one was your favorite? Let me know in the comments!
For more Thursday 13s, go here.