1. Basil tops them all. Not for shape, but for scent and flavor...
2. Wire vine, so sweet.
3. See the heart shape in the leaves? I love this groundcover.
4. The delicate fern.
5. Hydrangea. One of the lacy kinds of hydrandgea, tucked away in a shady spot.
6. I love this vareigated leaf.
7. Love the symmetry of these leaf clusters. And the dark, dark green.
8. When I first had this groundcover in my garden, I wasn't fond of it. It's really grown on me, so soft and delicate.
9. The good old standby: strawberry!
10. This watermelon leaf is just so fun and scallop-y.
11. The silver sheen of the lavender leaf... love it.
12. This potato vine is such a great, bright green. I have purple and darker green potato vines, but this one is my favorite!
13. This is the plumeria leaf. I love this leaf mostly because I see it as a hopeful sign that someday my plumeria plant will bloom... I know that's a bit of challenge here on the mainland, but I live in hope. This just might be the year!
Happy Thursday! For more Thursday 13s, go here.
If you aren't a regular subscriber to Sweet Tea and Sunshine, I have a favor to ask: if you have a moment, go to this post I wrote earlier this week about a fabulous and inspirational designer, Curly Girl Designs, and leave a comment. Not only will you be helping me out toward a giveaway that ends Aug. 5, but you'll be eligible for a giveaway of a Curly Girl product for you too! Thanks a bunch for helping a fellow blogger out!