Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Feeling Olympic love

T-minus 2 days... and it's already building... That full-on fanatical, medal-counting, Canadian- (and, yes, American too...) anthem-singing Olympic fever. And I'm soooo ready to roll with it. I need to snag back the Olympic program I stuffed in Seth's Christmas stocking and get the dvr fired up for my favorite sports!

Here are a couple of videos to get you in the mood. This first one is a Vancouver time-lapse. Kind of dreamy.



This second video came my way just this morning (thanks, Ma!) and hit a real sentimental nerve with me. The whole "Super, Natural British Columbia" concept was really hot when I was a kid (it's kind of subtle in this ad, but I'm glad they haven't done away with it entirely), and boy did we have fun with the "super, natural" part of it. (In case you don't go immediately to a tween sense of humor, think natural = nekkid. Yeah, pretty tween of us.) But I actually got a little choked up seeing Michael J. Fox in the ad, since I have a real soft spot for him from way back too.



I'm so excited for the Olympics to start!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you!!! I love the first video and will definitely share it on FB as part of my..."Woohoo, it's Vancouver time!" status update to get everyone revved up for the Olympics. I love Vancouver. ;)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs