Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Midweek reminder: Push right back

The quote below is well-known. However, how often do you see the *whole* quote? I thought not; me neither. But in reading and rereading it, I like the subsequent sentences at least as much, if not more, than the first:

"In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer. And that makes me happy. For it says that no matter how hard the world pushes against me, within me, there’s something stronger--something better, pushing right back."-Albert Camus, The Stranger



I am banking on the invincible summer being within me today, how about you? Push back, people! Spring will come. Eventually.

6 comments:

  1. I love that! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We arrived home to find our car battery stone dead... it was so dead there was not enough power to respond to the remote door locks... and had to use a real key to open the car. Inactivity for too long drains the battery just running clocks, etc. in the car.

    So I am pushing back. I charged the battery last night and today we could drive the car.

    Another way we are pushing back is called running away to Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, pushing back...your father failed to mention that I have a rather large 'push back' to deal with. I somehow, somewhere picked up a cough that has that pneumonia sound and heavy-chest feel to it but tomorrow I am pushing back by getting tests and if it is bacterial the doctor has already written a prescription.

    The grey drizzle, drizzle, drip of the world outside my window needs some pushing back on too!!!

    It is time for some cheer around here, as in jumping and dancing and let the cough be hanged!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, I forgot to thank you for the 'whole quote'. Good to read it in context...excellent and it turns out to be what I thought he meant all the times I read it before. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah! To push back! That is my personal theme this week!! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you *so* much for this. I needed to remember it. The winter funk is pretty heavy at times and I've never thought about just PUSHING BACK against it. I want to try that now!

    I also never knew that there was so much more to the quote, which makes it so much more meaningful for me. Ever since moving to Florida, my perspective on the phrase "invincible summer" has changed. I now think of it as "invincible autumn".

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs