Thursday, August 30, 2012

Thursday 13: Recipes to share

My various RSS feeds have gone largely ignored of late, I've really been falling down on the job! Ha. So the past couple of weekends, just so I don't miss EVERYthing good out there on the interwebs, I've breezed through a few of my folders and highlighted posts to come back to and save or move along.

In my food feed, there were a number of lovelies worth a try, so of course I pinned them or starred them, and I thought I would share 13 of them with you.


1. I could eat a variation on this almost every day! Heuvos Californios. Yum.


2. Flan is fabulous, and suits my custard-loving ways so well.


3. A blogger posted corn recipes from other bloggers, and looking through them, these corn cakes cried out to me, "Make me!"


4. Around here we like Mexican, we love lentils, so this stew will have to be on the menu this fall!


5. Raspberry frangipane tart with honey raspberry icecream? You had me at frangipane!


6. I have been in a curry mood all summer. Here's a version from a cook at PBS. Again, on the menu for fall!


7. This pasta with squash blossoms might still need to be made this summer... those squash blossoms aren't slowing down yet in the garden!


8. The takeaway in this recipe for me is the creamed feta. Sounds absolutely heavenly. I could see putting it over any grilled vegetables, really...


9. And another use for the zucchini? OK, can do! (Especially since it has Julia's name all over it.)


10. And now for a little  decadence. Anything with "lava" in the title needs to be tried, I say.


11. Apple slaw sounds like a great option to try with our very own apples this fall.


12. And if there's a rainbow, I've got to find it, right? This dessert is apparently a bunch of sit-around-and-wait time, but boy I do think it would be worth taking a day off work just to make it, don't you think?


13. Last but definitely not least, this salad was posted quite some time ago, and I missed pomegranate season to try it... but seasons come around again, so I have tucked this away.

So, which one should I make first? It's hard to pick, but it's sure to be something that has fresh produce right now, like the squash blossoms or zucchini tian... What would YOU make?

For more Thursday 13s, go here.

3 comments:

  1. The first one really has my interest.

    Have a great Thursday!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2012/08/aaa-predictions-for-labor-day-weekend/

    ReplyDelete
  2. CREAMED FETA!!! O heaven. O dear. I'm gonna be in trouble now...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. For some reason, as I read this, I started craving round pieces of whole grain, just the texture. Some sort of nutty cheesy bake something or other. I have no idea what is going on, but perhaps you have inspired me to attempt something in the culinary realm. I will keep you posted!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs