Saturday, September 26, 2009

Chicken and veggie pesto salad

I did a photo shoot on Thursday morning of chicken and veggies skewers on the grill. Yummy and very summery, and then I ran off to have lunch out, thinking, when am I going to get those skewers eaten up?! But I had plans on Friday to have lunch as well (yes, husband's away, Sher does play!) and so this time we ate in and I turned the veggie skewers into a salad of sorts. My friend brought along some locally grown orange honeydew, which I don't remember eating before, and it was delicious. It was a perfect end-of-summer lunch, complete with great conversation!
Veggies I used:
Green, red, yellow and orange pepper
Baby red potatoes
Mushrooms
Broccoli
Zucchini
Summer squash
Corn
I pulled the veggies and chicken off the skewers (and cut the corn off the cob) and chopped them up into about 1/2 inch bite-size pieces. I then added about 1/2 cup fresh pesto--I think I have finally used up the basil!--and a handful of pine nuts and parmesan. I tossed it all until it was well coated, and it made for a delightful lunch--in fact, I'm off to have leftovers now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs