Monday, May 13, 2013

Monday morning inspiration

Good Monday morning to you! I hope your weekend was as marvelous as mine--I was a little sad when the "festival of Mom" ended last night...

It's commencement address season, and here's a take on one that is quite inspirational, to me. Janet shared it on Facebook over the weekend, and I can't help but share further:



This post crossed my path recently and included some well-known (to me) and lesser-known (again, to me) tips on getting your day off to a productive start. It reminded me of the times I've gone to bed in my workout gear, just to save time and BE motivated upon rising. It may be time to start that habit again...

But then, there's always this new study on the core sets of exertion needed to gain optimal results, and the idea is that if you do them all in succession, with intervals, you can get it done in seven minutes. Seven rather strenuous minutes, but still... What do you think? Would you give that a try? I might.


Husband and I both took major stabs at closet reorganization this weekend. It felt good! Put a few things in the Goodwill pile, boxed up a few things we don't want to part with but aren't up for everyday wearing anymore, and generally got things in order for summer.

I love that feeling, having everything hanging semi-neatly with like items, folded and stacked pieces in order as well, shoes too... We didn't consult any organizational gurus before diving in, but I did see a few pictures on Pinterest that got me really excited AFTER we were done! Oh well, you work with what you have, and some of these are a bit oooh-la-la. Dream closets, I believe they're called. We're more (much more) like the first picture than any of the others, though lacking in number of bins on the top shelf. I want more of those!


How about the color coordination here? And the orange boxes? Love.

Who wouldn't love a marble-topped island in the middle of your closet?! Ha.

At first I thought, "Fabulous closet! Love the settee." But the more I look at this picture, the more I think it really is a showroom for clothing. (I think it's the multiples of one item that gives it away. But still, a lovely setting.)

Last tidbit for the day, something I need to remember, every day:
"Your worst days are never so bad that you are beyond the reach of God's grace. And your best days are never so good that you are beyond the need of God's grace."
-J. Bridges

I hope your week is off to a great start! Seth and I have agreed to try out the seven-minute workout tonight... wish us luck!


5 comments:

  1. I think I would have to go with Closet #3 - lovely! I came across your blog because I follow Diary of a Square Toothed Girl and noticed that you nominated her for a Leibster!

    Cheers from Brandy at http://brandysbustlings.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like closet 1 more because it's more like reality. Who have so many big rooms that you can use one of them as a closet??? We might, but we prefer to use the big rooms for other things.
    Regarding days off, I really think the point of them is to be unproductive, to relax.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes I see things on FB that I think...eh...that doesn't look like anything I'd like to watch. Then I see it again...and again...and I think...hmmm...maybe I should watch this, and I do, and I LOVE it. Time and again, I tell you :-)

    Clear plastic containers for shoes? What an AWESOME idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I liked the idea of the clear plastic containers for the shoes...do shoes need to breathe though?

    My lovely new closet even gets untidy once in a while and I thought it would always look like a dream closet! Funny thing, life.

    Your exercise chart is excellent and some of them I was doing in the pool. I found that I can really move in the pool with little or no pain and that is such a marvellous relief...miss that. I can see that consistent exercise like this would be very valuable. The word is consistent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is water?

    Oh, this is water...

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs