Monday, May 6, 2013

Monday morning inspiration

Feels like a long time since I've done my Monday morning inspiration! That whole month of alphabeting kind of got in the way... It was a good break from the "usuals," but as I thought of items to share that have crossed my path recently, a few immediately came to mind:

Hointer. OK, so cool new companies might come along fairly frequently these days, but this one really caught my eye. Cool use of technology to hit a niche market and I am intrigued to see where it goes long-term. Right now you can only buy denim/jeans this way, but who knows what the future holds? Next time I'm in Seattle, I'm checking them out!

Back Bay Pottery. It's not every day I find an Etsy shop where I want one of everything. Well, maybe not EVERYthing, but quite a bit. Rainbow beads? Sure. An owl spoon rest? Well, if you insist.


Corgis are on my mind. I've even set up a board on Pinterest for the occasion, and just might have started following too many Corgi-loving Instagrammers, too. I'm trying not to get too carried away, as adding a new pup to our household is not at the top of anyone's list. I've been in this spot before and it didn't turn out so well (Ruby, dear Ruby), so we'll go in with eyes wide open... like these sweet Corgi pups! Ha.



Also on my mind... are reasons to blog. I've mentioned Narelle at Solid Gold Creativity before, as her posts are often thought-provoking. This one jives with some of my thoughts post-A-Z challenge (I have a reflections post still to come...), about why blog in the first place?, and the connections made possible through blogging.

As often happens, soon after reading Narelle's blog post, this quote then made itself known to me:
"No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. No surprise for the writer, no surprise for the reader. For me the initial delight is in the surprise of remembering something I didn't know I knew. I am in a place, in a situation, as if I had materialized from cloud or risen out of the ground. There is a glad recognition of the long lost and the rest follows." -Robert Frost

I'll leave you with one last rainbow for the day; this rainbow salad from Food&Wine practically leaped out of my computer, grabbed me by the shoulders and shouted, "Make Me! Soon!" So I shall, and I'll tell you all about it too. The entire slideshow of vegetarian dishes is really quite enticing, it's got me quite inspired to try a few.... beet gnocchi, anyone?


I hope your Monday is off to an inspired start, and the rest of the week follows appropriately!


6 comments:

  1. Mark me down as inspired! Love that Etsy site...usually I am not a pottery person but this girl could convert me.

    And the baby corgis...oh my, they are precious.

    The Frost quote hits home very nicely.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My goal will not be a baby corgi, but one a little bit older. That's the dream, anyway...

      Delete
  2. Dido to Shirley's comments... and I would love some of that salad! Looks just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come visit and I'll whip you up some salad, Pa! ;)

      Delete
  3. Hey, when you make that beet gnocchi, invite me, will ya??? I loves me some beets baby!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or, you could come visit and I would use the excuse to make gnocchi?! Either way, let's do it. xo

      Delete

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs