Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Midweek reminder: The magnitude or grace of what we're being offered

I can feel how large, how essential this moment is as it’s happening; that is what I have come to love about being an adult, to the extent that I can claim that title: that one knows more about how good things are, how much they matter, as they’re happening, that knowledge isn’t necessarily retrospective anymore.

When I was younger, I missed so much, failing to be fully present, only recognizing the quality of particular moments and gifts after the fact. Perhaps that’s the one thing that being “grown up” is: to realize in the present the magnitude or grace of what we’re being offered.
-Mark Doty, Heaven’s Coast

Found ages ago at one of my favorite blogs: A Design So Vast.

2 comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs