Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Midweek reminder: The canvas of life

In the canvas of life, a flat landscape would be pretty boring. It is the valleys and the mountains that help us to appreciate the flatlands. It is the dark that makes us appreciate the light, and the cold that makes us appreciate the warm. -Anne Copeland 

 Many have expressed this sentiment in similar ways, but her phrasing spoke to me with its simplicity and the visual aspect of a canvas, imagining one's life as a painting.

What would the painting of your life look like?

2 comments:

  1. Right now the painting of my life might look like a cartoon of a crazy man in a cowboy hat, clinging to the top of a ladder, balanced off scaffold, held in place with plank coming out of the elevated bucket of a tractor.

    These past few nights I catch myself dreaming about how I am going get to the next difficult place high up on the wall where I have to nail shingle siding into place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh, what a question! I think it would like like a Rothko, with each rectangle representing a period in life, thought, approach to life... but the GIANT rectangle would (hopefully) be at the bottom and represent evolving into the NOW. I don't know if that makes any sense at all?

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs