Saturday, May 12, 2012

Sunny Saturday in May

It was just the perfect kind of day to relax and appreciate the season... a little wander in the yard with my iPhone and Instagram app later, and my love of Walla Walla in the spring is at full bloom.










The one thing I wish I could have captured was a bunny frolic in the front yard. I caught two young ones hopping and jumping over each other in an almost-choreographed dance. Absolutely precious, but you'll have to take my word for it, as I was inside, upstairs, no camera within arms reach, and I couldn't pull myself away from watching to go and find one. A priceless moment.

I had brief hopes of a balloon floating over the house this afternoon (this is the annual hot air balloon festival weekend around here), as we are out of the flight path for morning lift-offs. In years past though, given the right conditions in the late afternoons, we've seen them land in the fields around us, quite close. Such was not our luck this gorgeous afternoon... 

What's blooming in your yard these days?

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful day you had...I am hoping to capture my yard today...spent yesterday in rest and recovery.

    There are some 'pictures' that happen right in front of you that do mesmerize...I have missed recording many wonderful sights because I am so wrapped up in the moment, so I understand.

    I believe the Lord has brought you to this spot on earth, rewarding you with all the love and beauty around you (and the bunnies frolicking about on your lawn).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. Right now it's summer in my garden (the bit of summer where it's not raining every day). So I'm trying to get the spring flowers ready for the months ahead and start planting summer plants and flowers in time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these photos real favorites

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs