Monday, September 12, 2011

Common Miracles, Week #18: List form


 “Rejoicing in ordinary things is not sentimental or trite. It actually takes guts. Each time we drop our complaints and allow everyday good fortune to inspire us, we enter the warrior’s world.” 
– Pema Chodron

I have written and rewritten a ramble about celebrating the ordinary in a post-9/11 world, but then I got tired of the sound of my own voice (shocking, I know!) and decided to submit a more prosaic and, well, ordinary list of Common Miracles.

*The sound of my son's voice, as it's changing (daily, I swear).
*Going really fast on my mower, feeling quite zoom-y. (But still being safe, I swear.)
*The a-ha moment of feeling affirmed by others' opinions on a delicate topic. I am not alone!
*Feeling both grateful and overwhelmed by garden produce.
*Goldfish coming up to the surface to chomp on fish food. They're still alive!
*Basking in the easier yard care world after a summer of hard work. (Which, sadly, doesn't mean weeds aren't still growing. Sigh.)
*Hearing the door open as husband comes home from a very long day.
*Making a really pretty and precise seam in my sewing attempts (and actually getting the right sides of the fabric facing each other too. Amazing what a feat THAT is!)
*Experimenting with a new recipe and having success.
*Discovering someone new on Pinterest (follow her!) and losing a half hour to just repinning pretty things.
*Notes from friends--emails count, too... and texts.
*Being surprised by the heat, and not minding it... knowing that it will end so soon.

Those are my miracles for today. I count myself blessed to have them.

To see how the Common Miracle project started, go here.

1 comment:

  1. My secret thrill from yesterday was staying in the pool even though some thunder rumbled in the distance- it was a pure blue sky and my husband had a constant eye on the radar (the storm was about 15 miles away), but I broke my number one personal swimming rule (no swimming with any thunder) and it sort of felt good. So good I stayed in for an extra mile ;) For some reason the idea of you speeding around on your mower reminded me of that and made me smile.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs