Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Five years, and it feels so good (sing with me, people!)

It's our 5th anniversary today and we are going to spend it together, enjoying some sunshine, good food, conversation and remembering what we were doing five years ago today.

I like this quote even though it's not all lovey-dovey and LOVE IS GRAND. To me, it speaks to one of the most fulfilling aspects of marriage, that of individual growth within the constraints (I couldn't think of a better word, but I fear *some* might read that as a negative connotation. It's not.) of a committed relationship.



Thank you for these five wonderful years, husband! Looking forward to the next 50, for sure!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary :-) I love that quote...mind if I borrow it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely quote...from a lovely couple who know what is important in life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet, of course! If I'd been the one to think that up, maybe then you'd have to ask permission... ;) as it is, I'm just happy I found that quote.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs