Friday, October 22, 2010


A week that felt long and short all at once... There were a few moments I wish I could hold on to for all time, and a few I was not sorry to see go away quickly... so what else is new?!

This week...

I am grateful and reassured by these words:
If you look after goodness and truth, beauty will take care of itself.

I am grateful for husband and our early morning chats.

Always grateful for our autumn weather. If we could have lots and lots of days just like we've had this week, I'd be thrilled.

Grateful for family. For our little family and then the bigger family around our family, and the bigger family around THAT family, and so on and so on. You get my drift. I do so appreciate family. There's got to be an infographic for this one, or a venn diagram at least...

Thankful for cobb salads. I know, that seems kind of summery for right now... but I have been on  a bit of a cobb salad jag lately and loving making them at home, with my little twists (for course). Yum.

I love these Beatles stairs. Makes me want to get out some cans of paint!


I am grateful and motivated by these words: Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, so love the people who treat you right and forget the ones that don't and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said it would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it. -Anonymous

Grateful for the autumn ingredients... just getting started on the butternut squash fall marathon, and loving the pears, apples and pomegranates. Love the flavors, colors, textures and warmth... I feel some soups coming on for the weekend! 

Thankful for friends. For support and ideas and cheer and laughs. Thanks, y'all.

So grateful for the young man Seth. I saw this doughnut picture and immediately thought of him... for a number of reasons!


Mostly I thought of him because of this Brian Regan clip. The line "spring smidge for lunatics like YOU!" is a real favorite around here.



Grateful for music. This one came from the boy too... he always brings fun music my way. This video kinda falls into the "obvious" realm for me, but maybe it's supposed to be ironic? Who knows with the kids these days, eh?! (I love sounding like a crotchety old lady!)



Wishing you a lovely weekend filled with all the goodness of fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs