Friday, October 1, 2010

Friday night grateful list


S eth turned 14 today, if you hadn't already heard. So far I've Facebooked, Twittered and texted the news far and wide... I think Oprah may call later. Ha. OK, not *that* far and wide...

Most weeks Seth gets a line or two in the grateful list... today it's all his.

I'm so grateful for his:
*Sense of humor. Even if it's a little potty-oriented some days...
*Ability to be a good friend.
*Desire to do the right thing.
*Open and forgiving heart. He is good at giving people a second chance.
*Hugs. And sweet words of affection.
*Curious mind for new information (especially trivia tidbits).
*Willingness to debate politics with his step-dad (so I don't have to!).
*Stamina for board game marathons.
*Ability to understand complex concepts quickly.
*Natural aptitude for all things computer-oriented.
*Love of food in general, but some items specifically... lemon meringue pie, grilled cheese sandwiches, gelato, green beans (had to include one healthy thing!), pizza, burritos... he's easy to cook for, which I'm ever-so-grateful for!
*Winsome smile and overall handsomeness (I'm not biased or anything...).
*Good manners (more or less, it's a work in progress) in public places.
*Love of a good, long afternoon hammock chat.

I'm sure I've forgotten some wonderful quality or other--he's full of them--but for now, color me one grateful mom for my marvelous boy.

Build me a son, O Lord, who will be strong enough to know when he is weak, and brave enough to face himself when he is afraid, one who will be proud and unbending in honest defeat, and humble and gentle in victory.
-Douglas MacArthur

Happy weekend all!

1 comment:

  1. The list is so good...the photo is a treasure. You are a lucky mother and I say he is a very fortunate son.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs