Monday, February 4, 2013

Monday morning inspiration


A weekend with some sunshine; that makes ALL the difference. It was simply glorious to get a few household things done while light streamed through the windows. Still chilly, but clear.

If you view this blog via feed or email, please pop over to the site itself and check out my rearranging of the furniture. And, let me know what you think. I was really feeling the need for a fresh feel, and when my friend Heidi mentioned some blogger templates available on Etsy, I did some looking around until I saw one that said "SweetTea&Sunshine!"

I also did some rejiggering of my "pages," which used to be off to the left. Look just below the header and you'll see them, more prominent now. The recipes one is mostly up to date, but I have fallen off adding new quotes, as well as books, and the kitchen and OLW tabs are new. So I have work to do! I will let you know how it goes as I populate those areas.

Last note on the blog re-do: I changed the tagline from "a little food. a little gratitude." to "inspiration, shared." That's an intentional shift for me, a reflection of where I've organically strayed with my content. I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes from here.


As for inspiration, a post passed my way that had some good thoughts toward creating an inspired life. For me, the part about dreams was a good reminder. I can get caught up in the NOW a little too deeply some days, and forget to look up and out to the future, and dream.

most intriguing post I recently read came from a site called Brain Pickings, with some highlights from a recent book by Daniel Pink. I have shared it far and wide--email, FB, Twitter, LinkedIn and now here. (I know I may seem like a massive sharer, but sharing on that scale is actually rare for me.) The concept of the middle ground of the "ambivert" is one I think makes a great deal of sense, as well as the "ABCs of moving others."

A couple of artists that I appreciate have songs recently released, both of them not having produced any new music in years. Looking forward to the full album (are they still called that?! Ha.), but between now and then I'll have to make do with these:





I hope you have a fabulous Monday, a kickstart to a great week!

Have patience with all things, but chiefly have patience with yourself. Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections but instantly set about remedying them--every day begin the task anew.
-Saint Francis de Sales


4 comments:

  1. Justin! So cheesy, but I LOVE him. I found his music after I found *him*- he's always amazing on Saturday Night Live. Whenever he comes on the radio or TV, Tom says "hey, it's your boyfriend." But he likes him, too. I just think JT is the bee's knees. Funny, kind, and uber-talented. Sort of like I feel about Joseph Gordon Levitt. I like Dido, too.

    Love the new blog look!

    As far as "living inspired" I think it's also about *allowing* ourselves to be inspired. Sometimes I get all blocked up and anxious and overwhelmed that it seems like the easiest way to deal is to shut down and put blinders on and march forward. I think maybe it's those times when we need to expand our field of vision just a bit and let things touch our vulnerable hearts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know JT is cheesy; Seth gives me a bit of grief about him. But I think he's a bit of a genius. And you're right JGL is much the same. Like I am interested to see what he does next.

      I like your thought about the field of vision, and expanding. Every once in awhile I have to remind myself to look up, around, pay attention. Kind of like a meerkat! ;)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! Love the look and the new tagline.

    My advice? Follow your passion rather than letting your readers dictate where you go. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always good advice, Brent. Not too much of a worry with me--I'm not sure what I'd do with reader feedback if I got any!! Ha. I do know that "the world" loves a more focused blog, and all the advice is to pick a niche. But pffft on that, I say.

      Delete

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs