Sunday, September 11, 2016

Gratitude for a new week, with a side of inspiration

I just realized that we haven't left the property in 48 hours. How luxurious is that? Quite. Not sure I'm quite ready to break this little run of home time.


A whole weekend at home a bit unusual for us--there's typically something or other that will compel us out of our weekend cocoon. But this weekend I packed a bit of work home, and dedicated quite a bit of today toward getting my home office in better shape for me to actually want to spend time there. I have a problem when things get a little too piled up and stacked up--I just don't want to spend time in that kind of space. So clearing away always makes me feel so much more eager to sit down and get some work done. That, and I stole (I mean, borrowed) Seth's castoff monitor that he left behind, so now I have an extra (and much larger) screen, which is bonus for this aging lady's eyes!

I suppose with that lead up, you'd expect that I'd be here saying it was a kick-ass productive weekend. Um. Sort of? Definitely got a few things done, and made some really yummy end-of-summer meals filled with fresh-from-the-garden produce. And, I did get my office pretty tidy, so yeah, I guess. But there was also some delicious relaxation, and some telly binging too. I finished off The Tunnel, which I enjoyed pretty well, though I found the end a little unsatisfying. It begged a more climactic and twisty end, I thought. Ah well. Still enjoyable.

I'm grateful for all the joys of autumn. For everything between now and January 1, I am almost giddy with anticipation.

I'm grateful for the peace and quiet of our home, for the space to fiddle with hobbies and for our garden and chickens and room for doggies to roam.

I'm grateful for my thoughtful husband, who always considers us, and me, before him.

I'm grateful for music. For getting songs stuck in my head, and humming and singing along.

I am most grateful for the bounty that is so evident around us, every day. Right now the garden pretty much gets up and walks inside for dinner. Well, wouldn't that be lovely? It feels so close, really--tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, kale, squashes, okra... so delightful. 



We continue to have stunning sunsets. I never fail to stop and stare, slack-jawed, at our beautiful surroundings.


And having a farmstand to fill in the vegetable gaps (not many right now), and pretty flowers to boot is a fabulous bonus.


I saved up a few inspirations for my week, and of course I have to share.

From my Instagram wanderings...




 For laughter, following Apple's iPhone announcements this week...



And some words to call upon as the week begins...



Wishing you a joyful and peaceful week. 

1 comment:

  1. So happy for your successful 'triathlon' this weekend. Have a great new week!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs