Friday, December 20, 2013

Friday night grateful moment


A Facebook friend posted this photo today, and it fits my day, my week, my year. But especially my day. See that snow? Seth and I drove for 8 hours through a variety of weathers, all of it below freezing and often with precipitation. But we're at our destination safely, and ready to enjoy a weekend with family.

The idea presented in the words above is one I resonate with. Gratitude in ordinary and beautiful moments are my very favorite. It's so easy to be grateful when something big and grand and lovely comes your way, it's a better idea (and harder too) to practice gratitude when work and life and commitments and responsibilities knock at your door night and day, and all you (well, I) want is a big, grand and lovely thing. Ah well. That's life. 

I reflected as I drove along today (between jokes and songs and chats with Seth) that I've been doing these weekly gratitude lists for five years. That number kinda crept up on me. I'm thinking of changing it up in the new year... don't know how yet, but thinking about it got me a little excited at the possibilities. I'll keep you posted, of course.

For now, I'm grateful, as always, for the many blessings that are a part of my daily comings and goings. God is good. 

I hope you have a restful weekend going into the holidays. I know I will--there will be Rummikube or Scrabble with Grandma, breakfast with good friends, laughter and fun with the aunties and Seth, and snow! I am happy to be in one place for a couple of days, and if it snows more, so be it. 

Peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs