Friday, October 18, 2013

Friday night grateful moment

I am such a fan of the early sundowns that autumn brings. (On Friday nights, at least.) There is not much I enjoy more than the three of us cozied up for the evening, post-haystacks, chatting and reading. We didn't get on the ball enough to have a fire tonight, but the days when that is a must are just around the corner. Bliss.

I'm so thankful for this season. It's no secret that autumn is my favorite. This year I've been slow to fall (heh heh) in love with it, though; the dark has seemed especially encroaching (how's that for two paragraphs disagreeing with each other?!), and I haven't felt the time or space to really embrace the crisp, the colors, the joy of the season.


I am so grateful for laughter. 

I'm grateful for connections. People, making the effort to reach out to each other in this crazy, self-involved world. Bless you, friends.

Words that come out of the everyday online comings and goings. This week I was reminded:
“As human beings, not only do we seek resolution, but we also feel that we deserve resolution. However, not only do we not deserve resolution, we suffer from resolution. We don’t deserve resolution; we deserve something better than that. We deserve our birthright, which is the middle way, an open state of mind that can relax with paradox and ambiguity.” -Pema Chödrön 
Those last two sentences are ones, for me, to read over and over and over. Very worthwhile to ponder and mull.

The flavors of the season are in full swing. I'm grateful to be able to enjoy salads, still, through the ever-present kale, with pomegranate, pears, endive and of course, nuts and cheese.

And pumpkin. I'm grateful for pumpkin... spice lattes, bread, muffins, the whole bit. Yum. (Yeah for Jen and the fabulous pumpkin delights she gifted me with. Awesome stuff.)

I found this fun video today and had to share it. I'm grateful for creativity and people with energy to put their ideas out there for consumption.

 

I hope you have a great weekend, full of all the things you need to take on another week!

Peace.

2 comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs