Friday, August 23, 2013

Friday night grateful moment

Well, here we are again, another Friday, another week passed, and a health update from me!

Lots to be thankful for this week, definitely. Much progress on the health front, after a bit of weekend drama last weekend, with an ER visit, proper diagnosis of pneumonia (earlier doctor visit had pegged the lung thing as bronchitis, and they are definitely two different animals, apparently), and my very first CT scan (initial chest x-rays showed lung "abnormalities," always words you want to hear while wheezing away with a nebulizer!).

The week was filled with a lot of peace and quiet, many naps, lots of fluids and quart or two of cough syrup. Quite a bit of Netflix again, with the addition of Amazon Prime. I got a little into The Closer, which I described to a friend as the perfect mix of interesting, but if I fall asleep in the middle of an episode, it's not a big deal.

So grateful for husband, for his care and tending of me in my sickened state. He's the one who looked at me mid-Saturday and said, "This isn't right, you're getting worse instead of better" and dragged me off to the ER. Darn if he isn't always right. He also went out late at night for a humidifier for me, has kept the stream of Day/Nyquil flowing freely, and even brought my fave gerbera daisies to brighten my bedside--I called them my "flu flowers!" They've lasted splendidly, through the pneumonia too, but pneumonia flowers doesn't have quite the same ring to it, does it?

Also very grateful for friends--for the care (tea! cough drops! chocolate!) packages (even figs!), the text messages and check ins, and flowers from my parents. One afternoon I got especially bored and the text messages were fast and furious. I even got a story told to me via text! So blessed am I.

Seth has also been a source of joy and comfort, as always. He came out and mowed the lawn for us this afternoon, on his "off" week--at his dad's--helping out and making sure we don't turn into a jungle!

I've been grateful this week for the ability to check in on work occasionally by email, but mostly have the time and energy to rest, nap and generally chill. I know there are many situations where people don't have the luxury of recovering properly, and have to return to work before they ought to, for a variety of reasons. Space and time to recover is a blessing.

The garden continues to give, at a steady rate. I am in tomato heaven, and when my appetite returned this week (I had zero interest in food during the fevered era), I ate tomatoes and basil every which way. I also indulged in my favorite seasonal stuffed squash blossoms one day--heaven! I have plans for some zucchini and summer squash this weekend--found some newish, different recipes on Pinterest that seem worth giving a whirl.

And of course, I had ample time for Pinterest this week! I haven't spent much time there the past few months, being so busy with work and such. So I can't help but share a few of the images I'm grateful for, things that inspired me and cheered my days.



kitty (this one's for Maizy!)




royals (how cute is that?)

awake (this brings me comfort)

I hope you are well, and that the weekend ahead gives you an opportunity to do whatever it is that eludes you during the workaday week--rest, relaxation, back-to-school shopping, celebrating--whatever it is, enjoy it to the fullest!

Peace.


2 comments:

  1. From Maizy and her mama, in unison: "Awwwwwwwwww! Sooooo cuuuuuuute!"

    Really grateful you are on the mend, lady.
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, I'm sorry to hear all this! Hope you heal up quickly! I've had a spot on my lung that showed up with the first cancer CT scan and hasn't changed, so there's my positive thingie for you!

    and...ooooh that stained glass!!! WOW! Cute polar bear, too :-)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs