have been missing Thursday 13! My weeks are so full and my blogging time so scattered (and lacking), that having the mental space to plan ahead... well, that's on my list to acquire. I'll let you know when I find some.
Meanwhile, I thought that random might just suit this week 'o mine:
1. Sickness is everywhere. Husband, many co-workers, friends, kids... I am avoiding it (like the plague, doh!), and dosing on my Cs and other voodoo health wonders.
2. Sleep is elusive. I wish I could look less tired. However, if you tell me I look tired? Yeah, not going to win you any points. Don't say you weren't warned.
3. I love dressing for winter. Sweaters, tights, boots, scarves, mittens. Love them all. Maybe I was a teddy bear in a former life?
4. Having pumpkin spice creamer in my coffee makes me happy. (Yes, Jen. EVERY. Morning.)
5. My mom has her first smartphone and now we can text. This I love.
6. I let Chief onto the bed last night for a few minutes, and man, is he a bed hog. That won't be happening again for a long time. (I had previously thought he would be all polite and space-giving. Ha.)
7. The gray is relentless. RE.LENT.LESS. (Well, OK, we had a gloriously sunny day last Sunday. But still, since then.)
8. I was a bit stunned how soon after Thanksgiving I had to buy groceries. Apparently the family cannot subsist on leftover turkey and stuffing forever. Huh.
9. I posted this quote to Facebook this morning: "See if you can catch yourself complaining in either speech or thought, about a situation you find yourself in, what other people do or say, your surroundings, your life situation, even the weather. To complain is always nonacceptance of what is. It invariably carries an unconscious negative charge. When you complain, you make yourself a victim. Leave the situation or accept it. All else is madness."
10. I get that No. 7 and No. 9 are rather in opposition to each other.
11. When I read the quote again, it occurred to me that OBVIOUSLY I need to be planning a tropical vacation, because all else is madness. Am I right or what?!
12. I love plotting and planning for holiday baking. Two cookie parties on the calendar, one work catering, and then just baking for me/us/friends/family. Joy.
13. I am loving the Christmas tree. Some days I think I want to be the eccentric lady who leaves it up year round. Wouldn't that just be a hoot? Probably feel really weird around July, August... but still, what a fabulous thing to be eccentric about!
I hope you are having a great week and that wherever you are, the gray is NOT relentless. Someone somewhere has to be seeing the sun... please say that it is you!
For more Thursday 13s, go here.